Tuesday, March 16, 2010

RPK : Yes, I am a stubborn bastard

RPK : Yes, I am a stubborn bastard


RPK : Yes, I am a stubborn bastard

Posted: 16 Mar 2010 03:54 PM PDT


Yes, The Malay Mail has got its version to the story of my Statutory Declaration. I also have my version. And my version is: I will not be put on trial and I refuse to pay bail. The government had its chance to send me to jail. I gave them that chance. I agreed to forfeit both my trial and bail. But they wanted to impose bail on me and put me on trial.

NO HOLDS BARRED

Raja Petra Kamarudin

"Raja Petra went missing after two warrants of arrest were issued for failing to attend a court hearing on April 23 and May 23 for publishing seditious words and defaming Datin Seri Rosmah Mansor, wife of the prime minister, on his portal, Malaysia Today," said The Malay Mail (read the full report here). Then they inserted a wrong link that takes you to another website instead of to Malaysia Today (very devious of The Malay Mail).

The Malay Mail is run by a pro-Umno Blogger who also runs the Blog known as Rocky's Bru. So The Malay Mail is certainly far from independent although it presents itself as 'mainstream media'. It has a certain agenda and it writes whatever suits this agenda. And Rocky's running mate is Big Dog, the chap who first triggered this whole business that resulted in the shit hitting the fan.

It all started with the Statutory Declaration that I signed on 18 June 2008. No doubt, a Statutory Declaration signed and lodged in court is not a secret document and members of the public would be able to get access to it. Nevertheless, what I signed was meant for the consumption of the prosecution team in the Altantuya murder trial. And my lawyer did write to the prosecutor with a copy of that Statutory Declaration attached.

Somehow, though, a copy of the Statutory Declaration was published on Big Dog's Blog within 24 hours or so. Almost immediately the IGP and AG said that I have signed a false declaration and that action would be taken against me.

Now, no investigation was yet carried out as to whether I did or did not sign a false declaration. In fact, they did not even know yet whether I really did sign it or maybe it was a fake. But the IGP and AG announced that I had signed a false declaration and that action would be taken against me.

That's right, action would be taken against me for signing that declaration. No investigation needs to be carried out. And the people named in that declaration are automatically presumed innocent and they need not be investigated.

Prejudgment was immediately made. They pronounced me guilty of the crime of signing a false declaration and announced that I would be punished for that crime.

How did the IGP and AG know? They are yet to read what I signed. They are yet to investigate what I signed. They do not even know if I did really sign it. But they already know it is false and the decision was made immediately that I would be punished for this crime.

I was then called in for interrogation. In my interrogation the police wanted to know how Big Dog obtained a copy of that Statutory Declaration and whether I had given it to him. The focus of the investigation was on whether Big Dog and I are working in concert, which means I gave him a copy of the declaration so that he can publish it.

It looked like the concern of the police was that the Statutory Declaration was published on Big Dog's Blog and not so much that I had signed it. They were also not too concerned with the contents of the declaration as much as with the fact that it was made public. But then is not a Statutory Declaration signed in court a public document anyway?

The interrogation also focused on the source of my information. The police wanted to know whom my source is, how reliable he is, how well I know him, whether I have known him for a long time, how far I trust him, and whatnot. I told the police all this will be revealed in court. If they think I have signed a false declaration, then charge me, and my source will then come forward to testify during my trial. I also told the police I have known this source longer than I have known my wife -- and I have known my wife since 1968.

Soon after that I was asked to report to the police station because they are going to charge me for that Statutory Declaration which I signed. Okay, I thought, now the fun is going to start. I was actually looking forward to being charged so that we can 'revisit' the Altantuya murder trial and go through all those points the murder trial missed, or intentionally left out.

They did not, however, charge me for signing a false Statutory Declaration. If they do then they will have to prove their case against me. Instead, they charged me for criminal defamation, which means they need prove nothing other than the fact that I had signed the declaration, which in the first place I never denied signing.

My name and signature are on that document so how can I deny it? Why should I want to deny it? If I wanted to deny anything I would not have put my name and signature to something as legal and binding as a Statutory Declaration, what the Malays call a surat sumpah or 'letter of oath', almost like swearing on the Quran.

The government did not have the balls to challenge me on the contents of my Statutory Declaration. And by charging me for criminal defamation the government can avoid talking about the contents of what I signed. They just need to prove that I did sign it, which they can prove easily enough since I admit it, and then send me to jail.

Okay, so let's assume that I did defame the Prime Minister's wife (who was then only the Deputy Prime Minister's wife). Can I be charged for that? Is that criminal defamation?

It is criminal defamation only if the Deputy Prime Minister's wife works for the government and I defamed her in her official capacity as a government officer. Say I accuse Khalid Ibrahim, the Selangor Menteri Besar, of neglecting the Malays in Selangor because he gave land to Chinese and Indians but not to Malays. And, say, this is not true. That can tantamount to criminal defamation. This means I am criticising Khalid in what he does as Menteri Besar and that this allegation is false.

Rosmah Mansor is not a government officer. And I did not criticise her, false or otherwise, because of what she did as a government officer. So whatever I say, true or false, about Rosmah is not criminal defamation. She has absolutely no status in the government. She is just a wife of a politician who happens to hold a position in the government. The wife of a public servant is not a government post. The First Lady of the US is an official position, not the so-called 'First Lady' of Malaysia (and at that time she was not even the 'First Lady' yet).

Anyway, I was charged for that crime, which is not a crime. And, as Prime Minister Najib Tun Razak said, since the charge is frivolous, I did not want to layan (entertain) it. So when the charges were read out to me I told the judge I am not responding to the charges because the charges are mala fide and defective. I will not enter any plea.

The judge told me since I refuse to enter a plea then the court would take that as a not guilty plea. I then raised my voice and told the judge that I did not enter a plea of not guilty. I refuse to respond to the charges and enter any plea. But the judge still insisted that he would record that as a not guilty plea.

The case was then transferred to a higher court. The lower court that I was first charged in cannot impose a higher sentence. So they transferred my case to a higher court so that the sentence can be more severe.

There was no reason to transfer my case to a higher court. The lower court that I was first charged in is legally allowed to hear my case. Only that if I am found guilty then my sentence would be a maximum of two years jail and/or a fine of RM10,000. But if my case goes to a higher court then there is no limit as to what they can whack me with.

It looked like they already knew I was going to be found guilty even before the trial started. So they wanted my case transferred to the higher court so that there is no limit on my sentencing and they can lock me up and throw away the key. If they impose a sentence of both jail and fine, and if the fine is so huge that I can't afford to pay it, then that would be an additional jail sentence imposed on me.

Smart, no?

Anyway, they recharged me in a higher court and I, again, refused to respond to the charges and enter any plea. And, again, the court insisted that this will be taken as a not guilty plea. And, again, I raised my voice and said that I did not enter a not guilty plea. But the court still insisted that they take it as a not guilty plea. This is the way it works, my lawyer told me.

I told my lawyer I don't care what the system says. I refuse to face trial on charges of criminal defamation. If they charge me for the crime of signing a false declaration then I will fight the charge. But I am not going to layan a charge of criminal defamation. And the system can go fuck itself for all I care.

Now, on the issue of bail, I told the court that I refuse to pay the bail. I came to court with just a phone call and with no summons or warrant of arrest issued against me, like it should have been. I was not legally summoned to court to be charged. The police phoned me to request my presence in court so that I could be charged.

I could have told the police to go to hell. Since there is no summons for me to appear in court or no warrant issued against me, then I need not go to court. The police can't do a damn thing. But I came to court anyway, based on just that phone call and the request from the police. So why the need for bail?

But the court still insisted that I post bail. The Prosecution wanted bail of RM10,000 for each charge. I protested and said that I would not pay. My lawyers quickly stood up to negotiate for the bail to be reduced to RM5,000. I scolded my lawyers and shouted at the judge that I am sacking my lawyers. I did not authorise my lawyers to negotiate for bail of RM5,000.

The judge called for an adjournment so that my lawyers could talk to me. My lawyers told me to accept bail and they will try to negotiate for the bail amount to be reduced. I said no. I had walked into court based on just a phone call and with no summons or warrant when I did not need to do that. So I do not see the need for bail. Even Anwar Ibrahim on a more serious charge of sodomy where the sentence is ten times more than the charge I am facing was allowed personal bond. So why treat me differently?

The judge came back into court and, to everyone's surprise, imposed bail of RM2,000, for all three charges. This was very odd, my lawyers told me. The Prosecution asked for bail of RM10,000 for each charge (so that would be RM30,000 in total). My lawyers asked for bail of RM5,000. But the judge imposes bail of just RM2,000 for all three charges. This never happens, my lawyers told me, so can I please accept this lower bail? It looks like the judge is going out of his way to help me.

I still said no and walked off and surrendered myself to the police and told them to send to the Sungai Buloh Prison.

But the police would not do that. They did not even handcuff me like they should have. And they let me sit in the common area instead of locking me up in the holding cell. The Black Maria then left for the prison without me.

Furthermore, the police allowed my wife and one of my lawyers, Sam, into the holding area. They then opened one of the lockups so that we could sit inside it to discuss our matter in secret and in 'comfort'.

I told Sam to get the hell out of there and go home. But he would not go and my wife begged him to stay. My wife was crying and Sam said if he needs to go down on his hands and knees to beg me to accept bail he would do so. I was adamant that I am not paying bail. In fact, I refuse to even be put on trial. I had refused to enter any plea and the court should have just pronounced me guilty and sent me to jail.

I refuse to respond to the charges and enter any plea but they refuse to pronounce me guilty even after I shouted at the judge. I refuse bail but they refuse to send me to the Sungai Buloh Prison even after I walk into the lockup on my own accord.

I am not cooperating with the government, I told Sam. I am going to fight this charge. But I will not fight the charge in a trial. I will fight it my way and on my terms, not on the terms of the government.

If the government chooses to enter a plea of not guilty on my behalf then that is their choice not mine. It is the government that recorded a plea of not guilty. I did not enter that plea. And I also refuse bail. If they impose bail on me then I am not going to pay the amount. I will choose to go to jail.

My wife, full of tears, pleaded with Sam to keep me there, by force if necessary, and not allow them to send me to prison while she goes upstairs to post bail.

Sam and my wife said they are going to pay the bail and take me home. They insist. I told them to do what the fuck they want. And Sam called me a stubborn bastard. And I told Sam that it takes stubborn bastards who dare tell the government to go fuck itself to bring changes to this country.

Yes, The Malay Mail has got its version to the story of my Statutory Declaration. I also have my version. And my version is: I will not be put on trial and I refuse to pay bail. The government had its chance to send me to jail. I gave them that chance. I agreed to forfeit both my trial and bail. But they wanted to impose bail on me and put me on trial.

Well, I am not playing this game so they can go play with themselves. That's my way of telling the government of Malaysia to go fuck itself. Oh, and it is true as what Sam said: I am a stubborn bastard and arrogant to boot. And by the way, Manchester United is playing against Liverpool this weekend so I thought the video below best explains my feelings about the Malaysian legal system

Watch this video and you get my point:



courtesy of malaysia-today.net


This posting includes an audio/video/photo media file: Download Now

DPM Muhyiddin: NEM will be fair to all

Posted: 16 Mar 2010 03:33 PM PDT

Muhyiddin receives a gift of a banner from the Kuala Lumpur Chinese Assembly Hall at the dinner. The Chinese characters mean 'Honest, Incorrupt and Gentle'. — Picture by Jack Ooi


In a bid to regain straying non-Malay support, Tan Sri Muhyiddin Yasin said tonight the government's New Economic Model (NEM) will provide equal opportunities to all regardless of race.

The deputy prime minister said the NEM will focus on nurturing individual creativity and innovation on the back of reviving the ailing low-income economy.

"It must be ensured that all races will have the same role and equal opportunities to nurture their potentials fairly in the economic sector," Muhyiddin said at a dinner held by the Kuala Lumpur Chinese Assembly Hall.

"I believe that when everyone, regardless of race and religion, receives equal rights, real racial harmony can be realised. Therefore the NEM is not just an economic model but a vital instrument to tear down the walls of racism," he added.

Muhyiddin said the NEM was construed in line with the Najib administration's all-encompassing catchphrase of 1 Malaysia, a slogan designed to heal and unify a nation frayed by communal politics.

The NEM will be launched by the end of this month but the government said full details will be outlined in the 10th Malaysia Plan after getting public feedback.

"Realising this, the government is always looking for ways to move forward to cultivate the spirit of unity, understanding and acceptance of one another," said the Umno deputy president.

He claimed that the 1 Malaysia concept, a brainchild of the country's sixth premier Datuk Seri Najib Razak, will not leave behind anyone based on race and religious differences.

But Najib's 1 Malaysia is not selling well, particularly to the non-Malays, say opposition leaders.

His effort to revive the country's once credible moderate image has been marred by ultra-nationalist sentiments from within his own party who, among others, are rejecting his NEM.

Unlike the race-based affirmative action-driven New Economic Policy (NEP), the NEM plans to open up the economy from widespread Malay largesse.

This spurred the growth of groups like Perkasa, which enjoys the backing of hawks from Najib's own Umno.

The strong anti-Chinese sentiments within groups like Perkasa and its Umno link have further alienated support from the country's second biggest race, says the opposition Pakatan Rakyat coalition.

Najib himself has attacked the DAP's Middle Malaysia slogan as another version of the Malaysian Malaysia concept that was first aired in the 1960s by the People Action Party's Lee Kuan Yew, who brought Singapore to help form Malaysia and later cried when Kuala Lumpur ejected the island state.

courtesy of Malaysian Insider


EC stand on local gov't elections out next week

Posted: 16 Mar 2010 03:27 PM PDT

Election Commission (EC) chairman Tan Sri Abdul Aziz Mohd Yusof said its stand on local government elections will be announced next week.

He said the proposal by the Penang and Selangor state governments need to be studied from the constitutional and legal aspects so that a correct and acceptable decision could be made.

"The Penang Chief Minister had on March 8 written to the EC chairman urging him to call local government elections.

NONE"Selangor's letter received yesterday, was angled differently, asking EC to study the law, and what it feels about local government elections in the state," he told reporters at a dialogue session with the media in Putrajaya today.

Prime Minister Datuk Seri Najib Tun Razak said local government elections which had been abolished should not be brought back as it would not improve services provided by local governments.

Feedback being gathered

Aziz (left) said EC would holding a meeting and gathering feedback from various quarters on the proposal.

"EC holds on to ethics and acts based on the law. We will send a letter to the chief minister and then make the announcement, latest by next week."

He said EC is not influenced by views from the prime minister, opposition or anybody as it is an independent body.

"As an independent and professional body, we will be studying the law. The advice comes from panel members and the final decision will be an interpretation of the law."

He added there were proposals to automatically register Malaysians above 21years as voters but they need studying as it would involve amendment to the laws and election procedures.

- Bernama


Respect court decision says Minister Peter Chin

Posted: 16 Mar 2010 03:25 PM PDT

Minister of Energy, Green Technology and Water Datuk Seri Peter Chin Fah Kui has advised Rawang new village residents to respect the court decision and allow Tenaga Nasional Bhd (TNB) to resume construction works on the Central Area Reinforcement (CAR) project in their area.

"The Federal Court has delivered a judgement in favour of TNB having the right to install the power lines. It is not a TNB or minister's decision. It is the highest court decision," he told reporters in Shah Alam today.

He was responding to the residents' plan to protest TNB's resumption of works to erect the transmission line in the designated area tomorrow.

NONEChin (left) said he had met with Rawang Assemblymen Gan Pei Nei, who also conveyed a memorandum from the residents.

In November last year, the Federal Court ruled that TNB could resume works and directed them to pay compensation to the residents amounting to RM10.4 million.

Once completed, the project, which involves laying of high tension cables over a 59km stretch, about one kilometre away from Rawang new village, would involve the building of five monopole towers.

The CAR project would increase the output of electricity from 33kV to 275kV and help overcome power shortages in the Klang Valley.

Chin also said that TNB had compensated the residents three or four times more than the market price in order to acquire the land.

"It is not right for me to intervene at this juncture. Please follow the court's decision, respect the law and it is the logical thing to do," he said.

- Bernama


Najib: Success in elections depends on several factors

Posted: 16 Mar 2010 03:22 PM PDT

A political party's success or failure in the elections does not depend on one factor, but encompasses various aspects.

najib announce gdp 240210 01Prime Minister Datuk Seri Najib Razak said this when asked to comment on former MCA president Tan Sri Ong Ka Ting's decision to contest in the party elections on March 28, which is feared by some quarters to affect BN's performance in the next general election.

"Success in the general election is not dependent on one factor. We have to consider various factors that can contribute to the outcome," he told reporters after receiving a courtesy call from the new All England singles badminton champion Datuk Lee Chong Wei at his residence in Jalan Duta in Kuala Lumpur today.

Ong announced today that he would contest the MCA president post, so had the incumbent Datuk Seri Ong Tee Keat.

MCA members to decide

"We cannot say that the leadership of Ong Tee Keat or Ong Ka Ting to be the determining factor (in the general election), for we have to also consider other factors," Najib said.

The prime minister said he would leave it to the MCA members to ensure that the party crisis would be resolved soon through new elections.

"I leave it to the members to decide what is good for the party.

"What is important is for the MCA internal crisis to end as soon as possible and for the new leaders to be accepted, not just by the party members but by the Chinese community as well," he said.
- Bernama


Are you amongst the 5 million eligible but as yet unregistered to vote? Do you know of someone who can but hasn’t yet registered? Register now and get every unregistered voter you know to do the same. It is your right and your responsibility.

Posted: 16 Mar 2010 10:34 AM PDT

viewer


61 Years Old Woman Forced to Have Sex with 50 People By ED Husband

Posted: 16 Mar 2010 07:03 AM PDT


Kee Thuan Chye- Not a time to lose March 8 spirit

Posted: 16 Mar 2010 06:31 AM PDT


jam

Posted: 16 Mar 2010 09:03 AM PDT


What a load of crock!

Posted: 16 Mar 2010 08:54 AM PDT

Malaysia's funniest man
(don't you just love that face?)

I was planning to go to sleep early to get an early start tomorrow. But habit drove me to open my email inbox one more time before hitting the sack. And I am actually glad that I did. There were some gems. This is the best one.

In The Malay Mail today it was reported that the Prime Minister, Najib Razak actually believes in his own rhetoric.

In the story he was quoted as saying, "Due to the ever-expanding popularity of the 1Malaysia concept, it is only natural for the Opposition to react and attempt to come up with their own concept......" Najib was replying to a question to explain the difference between 1Malaysia and the DAP's Middle Malaysia concept which he had earlier criticised as being archaic and irrelevant.

What mystified me was Najib's belief that his 1Malaysia concept was gaining "ever-expanding popularity". Huh? Where's he been living the past couple of years?

Najib even goes on to say, "Unlike Middle Malaysia, the 1Malaysia concept is not merely rhetoric and has proven results in accordance to the 'People First, Performance Now' tagline that the government continues to implement."

"Not merely rhetoric and has proven results"? Okay, have you stopped laughing? There's more. What do you think gives Najib the idea that 1Malaysia is so "popular"? Oh this is going to kill you laughing.

Bernama reports that he said, "I was overwhelmed by the support for the 1Malaysia wishes from the people and the initiative of the people to celebrate and identify the 1Malaysia symbol as a symbolic logo during a wedding which involved four couples in Kapar, comprising two Malay couples, a Chinese and Indian couple, which I personally attended."

And just so you don't think that he based his confidence just on some wedding ceremony he attended (when he should be doing more important things like managing this sick country's affairs) Najib tries to convince us by saying in the Dewan Rakyat today that "The 1Malaysia symbol has become so popular that corporate bodies and volunteer groups have adopted the 1Malaysia logo as part of their corporate design for their uniforms or apparel..."

Hahahahahahahahahahahaha............

Want to laugh some more? Yes, there is more. So okay, Najib says 1Malaysia is gaining ever-expanding popularity. Okay. Then it was reported in the Star that his own "Information Department finds most Malaysians generally know about the 1Malaysia concept but have yet to have a full grasp of it. According to a survey it carried out recently, 80% of the people interviewed knew about the concept but were not able to explain what it really stood
for."


The Director-General of Information was quoted as saying, "What we are doing is in line with the wish of our Prime Minister who wants to feel the pulse of the people at the grassroots level."

I really think Najib should check his own pulse to see if he is alive and living in Malaysia or he's really left us and living on another planet.

NIAMAH!!!


20100316 20100316 nazriongst avi s

Posted: 16 Mar 2010 05:25 AM PDT

Views: 0
0 ratings
Time: 04:55 More in News & Politics


Emergency motion on oil royalty rejected

Posted: 16 Mar 2010 04:17 AM PDT

The Dewan Rakyat speaker has rejected an emergency motion to debate Kelantan's claim to royalty payments from offshore petroleum and liquefied gas development. It was filed by Kubang Kerian PAS MP Salahuddin Ayub on March 10 under Standing Order 18(1), but speaker Pandikar Amin Mulia decided in chambers that the motion was not urgent enough. Salahuddin told reporters at the Parliament lobby that mps from Kelantan have made several new discoveries on the matter and want to share their findings with the House.
Views: 0
0 ratings
Time: 04:23 More in News & Politics


Anwar withdraws recusal bid in Sodomy II trial

Posted: 16 Mar 2010 04:15 AM PDT

Anwar Ibrahim is not proceeding with his appeal against the recussal of the High Court judge in his Sodomy II trial, to withdraw himself from hearing the case. The opposition leader withdrew his application this morning, said Anwar during a press conference at the Opposition Leader's office in Parliament today. "Changing one judge would not change the state of the Malaysian judiciary," he said. The appeal was scheduled to be heard at the Court of Appeal this Friday.
Views: 0
0 ratings
Time: 02:58 More in News & Politics


Pantu News: The Plight of Pantu NCR Farmers……Court Trial continues

Posted: 16 Mar 2010 06:44 AM PDT

On the 15th of March 2010, 3 farmers Anthony ak Embah, Kubau ak Chakong dan Sebli ak Kubok, from Abok were arrested by Police and were detained 24 hours in Sri Aman Police Station. This is the fourth Time they had been arrested on the same place Tembawai Munggu Api, the next day, they  were released under Police Bail. Later they made a police report on the Arrest. Patu/000524/10. Pada 15.03/10 jam lebih kurang 1430 hrs saya sedang menuai kelapa sawit saya di tembawai munggu api bersama kubau ak Chakong dan Sebli ak Kubok. Kira kira Jam 1500 hrs, sepasukan angota Polis telah menahan saya dan membawa kami ke Balai Polis Pantu dan terus ke balai polis Sri Aman di mana kami telah di tahan dan di masukkan di dalam lokap tampa sebarang tuduhan. Manakala kelapa Sawit yang telah di tuai telah dibawa oleh Robert Ason, Mindau, Dogeng dan Ibrahim ke Pantu, say buat laporan ini untuk tindakan polis dan tindakan Mahkamah.  This court case is still continuing………


From Around The Blogs. The Week Of March 15, 2010

Posted: 16 Mar 2010 07:45 AM PDT

By Joe Fernandez

From around the Blogs

Government not as dumb as China Press
This Gov't is so dumb that it defies all description. But even so they wouldn't be so dumb as to allow Musa Hassan to quit prematurely as China Press would have us believe. The rumour mills will churn even faster overtime should Musa quit under such circumstances. People might even speculate that he was either sacked or forced to quit before his current contract expires "because of his underworld contacts" as the bloggers would have us believe. The fact of the matter seems to be that there's going to be a reshuffle of top police brass & the IGP will exit during the process. Why didn't China Press report the reshuffle & instead reported that Musa will be quitting? That comes across as either selective reporting or a half-truth. China Press isn't going to get away easily with its report on Musa Hassan. Obviously, their angle was wrong & less than the whole truth & they need to be put on the carpet as a warning to others. The media should also distance itself from China Press on this issue.

Typical sour grapes "non-Malay" wishful thinking & living on hope & hype
This report tries to work backwards from a pre-determined conclusion to more than stretch the truth. The writer probably had only a few skimpy "details" which seems to have been enough to convince him to make a mountain out of a molehill. There isn't even an iota of evidence in the story to suggest that he really spoke to anyone before dashing off his piece in the splendid isolation of his cubicle somewhat like a "katak di bawah tempurung". Journalists are unlikely to make a difference if they continue to churn out reports without going to the field or confine themselves to rehashing the blogs. The nexus between the ruling party & the top brass in various branches of gov't is the reality of a situation where the political masters don't know where politics ends & good gov't begins. Either we need better politicians or better civil servants to break the nexus. To speak of a rebellion in the civil service is typical sour grapes "non-Malay" wishful thinking & living on hope & hype.

Home Ministry should not swear by its Blacklist
The Home Ministry should not take the easy way out & threaten the China Press a la ketuanan Melayu. What purpose does it serve to demand the resignation of the Editor under threat of a three-month suspension? The Home Ministry is noted for creating a blacklist of journalists & warning newspapers not to employ them or else have problems with it. This is most undemocratic & against the concept of a free press. Soon, only the dongkus will be left with the newspapers if the Home Ministry gets away with its blacklist. Newspapers are even advised who to send for government press conferences & fax a pre-determined list of questions. Instead, the Home Ministry should prove to the newspaper that it was wrong. Having done that, the next step is up to the newspaper itself. The newspaper could either discipline the Editor, the sub-editor concerned & the reporter or wait for a reasonable period of time for the errant staff to make suitable amends. Mistakes do happen in the race for scoops.

People should have stake in financial management of country
GST is obviously the right approach (start with 2.5 %) because it will ensure that M'sians feel that they have a stake in the financial management of the economy, administration & the country. Now, most people couldn't care less about corruption because they feel it is not their money. S'wak is a classic example of a state where institutionalised corruption a la Lee Kuan Yew's S'pore is the norm & yet most people don't even bat an eyelid. In S'pore, we are told that either all or the majority of housing agreements involving Gov't-built housing are prepared by Lee & Lee which is either run or used to be run by Minister Mentor Lee's wife. Taib in S'wak has taken a leaf from this & makes sure that all or the majority of Gov't contracts & procurements go to state-owned companies in which his family has a significant stake. He thinks that he can avoid the corruption issue by taking this approach. What about nepotism & conflict of interest? These are issues to consider in the next polls

Feathering their nest might come first
The gov't is taking the right approach with GST. They want to get everybody worked up. After that GST Bill will be delayed & the rate lowered to 2.5 %. The important thing here is not the percentage but the idea. GST will be delayed until the 13 th GE is over. They will start off with 2.5 % if they do well at the polls. If not so good, it's likely to be 3 % to 3.5 %. But this rate will be brought down just before the 14 th GE to 2.5 % just to win. After that, it will depend on whether they win by a small margin or comfortable. If comfortable, 3 %, if low margin 3.5 %. By that time, the people will get used to GST. Soon, it will be 4 % & we are looking at 15 % eventually at the high end. By that time, people will get worked up over the level of corruption in the country. So, it's not known whether the ruling party is more worried about financial management & managing the economy & taxation system or feathering their own nest. If their pockets, they will delay GST, keep subsidies.


I agree to disagree

Posted: 16 Mar 2010 07:42 AM PDT

By rocker deconman

You are damn right man, Khir anak Rahman dlm Terjah punya prog malam tu.
Itu komen mengomen ttg artis tidak boleh jadi icon .... aku pun tarak setuju punyia ....
I agree to disagree with that .... mana boleh artis tidak boleh jadi icon?
Semua artis boleh jadi icon what!!!!!!
macm kata Khir anak Rahman ... dia kasi contoh itu Sheila Majid boleh pegang title icon bagi puak2 yg minat dia bagai nak rak .... especially puak2 kaki 'high' kat pub atau kaki tunggang arak ... sure bagi diaorang si ketot ni paling ngetop punya artis dlm menghiburkan puak2 kaki telan arak .... puak2 tu bila dah high .... dengaq katak dok keriau meraung-raung panggil hujan pun diaorang kata itu lagu tu ... merdu sedap dan macam2 lah ... dah high ... dengaq bunyi kentut keluaq dari pada lubang juboq pun diaorang sangka itu rentak poprock punya beat dsbnya. Memang lah dia tu sure dah dianggap icon oleh puak2 kaki 'high' ...kaki botol arak whiskey brandy .... kaki berdengung ayaq setan lah nak katakan!

Begitu gak bagi artis2 yg dok melalak menyalak bagai nak rak ... nganga punya nganga sampai naik orat tengkok .....timboi urat lehiaq .... tarik punya tarek mcm depa dok tarek 'dam' (istilah yg commonly used untuk dadah) like ganja, syabu, dan segala jenis serbuk yg mendatangkan 'dengung' ..... itu yg kerap depa dok sebut 'berdengung' tu. Bila ada member ajak member lain ... "jom berdengung ...." member lain nanti tanya ..."berdengung ayaq ke .... berdengung dam?" .... kalau member tu kaki ganja atau lain2 jenis dadah .... sure dia nanti kata ..."berdengung dam lah" ...... Jadi puak2 artis2 yg jenis hard-core punya kaki dadah (ganja syabu atau yg sama sejenis) sudah semestinyalah .... mostly peminat2 yg jenis mat2gian, jenis mamat lalok sudah tentu mengidolakan sifu yg baguih punya terhinggut2 termelalak kat pentas dok menyalak hentah hape2 punya lagu pun semua nanti kasi tepukan bergemuruh punya dgn bersorak sorai bergawang2 tangan masing2 tanda tengah naik syahdu dgn pukulan irama hasil pengaruh ganja atau najis dadah punya stim.

Jamal suer peminat dia kata dia sajalah ikon mereka. Sifu dia pun sure peminat dia nanti kata hanya dia sajalah ikon mereka dunia akhirat. Begitu juga dgn yg lain2nya. Kiranya semua puak2 tu pakat jadi ikon2 belako beb! Masing2 nak tunjukkan masing2 punya kelainan - masing2 punya identiti sendiri .... ada yg pakai topeng laaa ... ada yg buboh mcm2 punya kaler kat rambut .... kalau bulu peliaq boleh di pamerkan untuk peminat .... sure bulu peliaq pun depa nanti taruk kaler mcm2 warna boleh tengok.
Kalau artis pompuan dah tentu dia nati taruk bulu puki berteknik kaler punya gaya. Masing2 semua berlumba2 nak berglamor. Apa saja depa sanggup buat. janji ada peminat diaorang jadikan dia tu ikon.

Jadi, betul laaaa ...... artis2 memang boleh jadi ikon.....sudah semestinya lah.

Artis taik arak jadi ikon untuk taik2 arak.
artis taik ganja (dadah) jadi ikon untuk taik2 ganja dan mat2gian dan mamat2 lalok dan yg sama sejenis dgn mereka.

artis2 yg jenis muka mcm kaki pecah rumah pun boleh jadi ikon jugak apa?

i m con man the rocker


Namewee seeks gov't funds for 1Malaysia movie

Posted: 16 Mar 2010 03:41 PM PDT

Controversial artiste Wee Meng Chee is seeking funding for his 1Malaysia-themed movie from his pet peeve - the government.


namewee name wee 1malaysia film 160310In a press conference in Kuala Lumpur today, Wee, popularly known as Namewee, said he was moved by Prime Minister Najib Abdul Razak's 2010 Budget speech titled '1Malaysia, Together We Prosper'.

"I was so thrilled to know that the government has announced a budget of RM200 million for the Creative Industry Fund to finance film, drama, music productions, animation and advertisements through Bank Simpanan, for Malaysians like me.

"With all the preparations which I have done
, including translating my story into the Malay language, I want to apply for this (kind of) support also," he said.

Wee described Najib's '1Malaysia' concept as a wonderful idea and lauded its eight core values.

"So, I would like to participate in this special campaign through my own view of 1Malaysia, which instead of just (being) a slogan, I want to present a more realistic 1Malaysia story.

"I believe my
style of presentation has proven to be well-accepted by the younger generation of Malaysians, so I hope to be able to convey the message of '1Malaysia' to them through my movie."

But will he qualify?

However, Wee, is facing a major hurdle because he produces exclusively Chinese material while his script requires 60 percent Malay-content in order to qualify for the grant.

namewee pc 160310 01"I want to show them (government) that we are all 1Malaysia citizens and regardless whether I'm Malay, Indian or Chinese, I deserve to receive support from the government just like any other hardworking Malaysian," he said.

He said he has completed all the documentation necessary to apply for the grant from the National Film Development Corporation (Finas) and would submit it today.

"I will keep everyone updated through my Youtube (account)... I have high hopes for our government, so I'm confident that they will not let me down," he said.

namewee negarakuku latest song kawanku 200807Wee's music videos on Youtube have irked certain groups becaused it contained criticisms on the authorities for corruption and also made inflammatory remarks concerning religion.

He gained national prominence after he was investigated by the police for his song 'Negarakuku' because it was deemed an insult to the national anthem.

Most recently, Wee's short film on Youtube slamming government-owned utility Tenaga National Bhd for poor service has also prompted Information, Communication and Culture Ministry to initiate an investigation.

Watch his video interview:



courtesy of Malaysiakini


This posting includes an audio/video/photo media file: Download Now

Not Unexpected-OKT is taking on OTK

Posted: 16 Mar 2010 02:38 PM PDT

Ong Ka Ting (OKT) has officially announced his candidacy as MCA President and his decision to join the fray is not unanticipated.

Strong exertion and pressure for him to contest from the many party Divisions was the main reason for him to take up the candidacy and he is confident and self-assured of winning it and to put across the message that he is in to be the savior for MCA.

Hence the contest is now between OTK and OKT, and now all political pundits are waiting for Chua Soi Lek (CSL) to make decision. CSL was expected to be the all time potential candidate to take on OTK before OKT's name was added on to the list.

Yesterday CSL commented that it is not a good taste at all for Ka Ting to come in as a candidate and he was visibly unhappy to learn of OKT's intention to come in from the back door.

The latest decision by OKT to accept nomination for the top post would certainly change some equations of lineup for MCA.

For the past few days I have been in interaction with a number of MCA delegates who are friends of mine and I am quite surprise to discover the actual feeling and mood of some of the 2378 delegates.

They are the serious groups who are still free for any candidate to solicit support as they are still watching closely the stage play by all the warring groups before making their choice decisively.

They are still feeling the pain of their dismal performance in the last GE and they openly blamed UMNO as the main contributor to the losses of BN in the GE.

Now the EGM is already set on the 28th March and the delegates are going to the hall to vote for a leader of their individual preferences, and whoever wins will have to shoulder responsibilities to do all the repair job for the tainted party.

Between Ong Tee Kiat and Ong Ka Ting they used to be friends and ally, or else Ong Tee Kiat wouldn't be the successor to Ka Ting through smooth succession process in the end of 2008.

If the fight is a straight fight between OTK and OKT, the result is somehow predictable; on paper Ka Ting is going to win.

BUT again, Liow Tiong Lai, Soi Lek and Ng Yen Yen, Wee Ka Siong and Chiew Mei Fun might reposition themselves and change the whole equation altogether.

OTK have equal chance of winning if there are shifting and repositioning of allegiance with the participation of OKT in the fight of the decade for MCA.

So let us just wait and be watchful to see the changes and fluidity of politics in MCA with the reappearance of Ka Ting in the tussle of no 1 spot.

It won't take long, just in few days we shall see the fun.



Thanks………………………………….Aspan Alias


SEBUT BETUL-BETUL...

Posted: 16 Mar 2010 07:14 AM PDT


Kini orang sedang perkatakan mengenai Dasar Ekonomi Baru.

Adakah ia Dasar Ekonomi Baru atau Dasar Baru Ekonomi? Pohon cerdik pandai atau pakar bahasa menjelaskan perkara ini. Saya keliru dan saya tidak patut keliru kerna terbabit dalam bidang komunikasi. Sekiranya saya keliru maka mungkin ramai lagi yang keliru.

Kadangkala kesilapan bahasa dibiarkan begitu sahaja kerana selalunya orang hanya bercakap mengenai Broken English akan tetapi saya belum pernah mendengar orang bercakap mengenai Broken Malay. Anda tentu faham maksud saya.

Broken Malay berlaku kerapkali apabila orang yang tidak fasih menggunakan ganti nama Kami dan Kita dalam komunikasi harian.

Dahulunya kita selalu tersilap apabila bercakap mengenai Menara Berkembar Petronas atau Petronas Twin Tower. Sebenarnya nama yang tepat ialah Menara Kembar Petronas dan bukannya Menara Berkembar Petronas yang apabila diterjemahkan kepada Bahasa Inggeris bermakna Petronas Twinning Tower.

Kita selalu menyebut Petronas Twin Towers secara betul dan dalam Bahasa Melayunya Menara Berkembar Petronas dan tiada sesiapa pun yang ingin membetulkannya walaupun silap dan salah.

Minggu lepas saya telah tidak dapat tidak berdebat dengan seorang rakan mengenai Pisang Goreng dan Goreng Pisang.

Beliau berkata bahawa saya silap apabila menyebutnya Pisang Goreng kerana menurutnya saban masa orang menyebut Goreng Pisang. Sebenarnya Pisang Goreng adalah namanya manakala Goreng Pisang adalah perbuatan namun kita sentiasa silap nahu Bahasa Melayu apabila menyebutnya.

Untuk mengutarakan hujah saya dalam perdebatan yang remeh temeh ini, saya unjurkan kepada rakan itu supaya mengantikan perkataan Pisang dengan Mee, dalam konteks Goreng Mee dan Mee Goreng.

Akhirnya beliau tersenyum, mengetahui kesilapannya.

Jadi, apakah yang sebenarnya? Dasar Ekonomi Baru atau Dasar Baru Ekonomi???




Lies, damn lies, and statistics

Posted: 16 Mar 2010 05:15 AM PDT


"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics," said the 19th Century British Prime Minister, Benjamin Disraeli (1804-1881). This phrase was later popularised by Mark Twain. Today, the New Straits Times wrote about the Agong's speech in Parliament and suggested that the 'new media' is nothing but a factory of lies. Let us talk about this issue.

NO HOLDS BARRED

Raja Petra Kamarudin

"Great tool... only if we don't let fools use it", said Azmi Anshar in the New Straits Times. The NST piece starts by saying:

Of all the counsel provided by the Yang di-Pertuan Agong yesterday as he opened the first meeting of the third session of 12th Parliament, this perhaps resonates the loudest -- slander, lies and distortion of facts are still percolating in the new media. The king was, of course, reiterating the feral aspect of this dominion. As much as the technical deployment of email, websites, blogs and the social media Facebooking and Tweeting on either PCs or cellphones has surged in numbers, the human traits of malice and gullibility remain the same. (Read more here).

There is some truth in the allegation that the Internet is sometimes used to spin lies. Of course, many of the so-called 'lies' that Malaysia Today publishes later turns out to be the truth. What was denied at first is later confirmed. Then again, sometimes events turn out opposite to what Malaysia Today wrote.

What these people may not realise is, firstly, Malaysia Today is a not a newspaper in the real sense of the word. And it is certainly not a member of the mainstream media. It is a 'war machine'. It is a 'machine' to rebut what the mainstream newspapers write and to attack those who walk in the corridors of power when they do wrong. It is also a pre-emptive strike 'machine' that is used to reveal the plans, plots and shenanigans of those who sit in Putrajaya.

Pre-emptive strike means you attack the other side before they attack you. And you use pre-emptive strikes to thwart or frustrate the plans of the other side. You expose them before they make their move so that they cancel or abort their planned move. That is the long and short of what our mission is all about.

On many an occasion Malaysia Today revealed what was going to happen so that it would not happen. Sure, the danger in this would be that Malaysia Today would be proven wrong. But we have no problems with that. We would like to be proven wrong. If we were proven right then that would be disastrous.

For example, we were proven right about the Pakatan Rakyat Perak government being ousted and that Barisan Nasional was going to take back the state. If it is all about ego then we should be happy that Malaysia Today was proven right. But we are not happy that Malaysia Today was proven right because this is not about our ego or about being proven right. We sincerely wish we had been proven wrong.

Then we wrote about the Selangor and Kedah governments being the next two states to fall. And we said it would happen around January 2010. That is yet to be proven right. So, thus far, we are wrong.

I had dinner with some Barisan Nasional people, people close to the very top, who informed me that Vincent Tan had met a few Pakatan Rakyat Parliamentarians and State Assemblypersons from Selangor and Kedah to negotiate their crossover. The meeting was held immediately after the meeting Vincent Tan had with Hee of Perak.

Now, these people I had dinner with are the same people who told me that the Perak government was going to fall and that a deal had been made to buy off the two Malay State Assemblymen from PKR and that Vincent Tan was paying Hee of DAP RM25 million to crossover.

The Perak incident was proven correct. So these sources are certainly reliable as far as Perak is concerned. And these people are not Umno people, mind you. These are non-Malays who are well connected and can afford to slap millions onto the table with no effort whatsoever.

It is the duty of Malaysia Today to reveal the possible collapse of Selangor and Kedah. We did not want to be proven right. We wanted to be proven wrong. And the only way we could be proven wrong would be if Pakatan Rakyat were to lock the stable doors BEFORE the horses bolt and not AFTER like in the Perak case. Locking the stable doors AFTER the horse has bolted is a futile exercise.

Now, Anwar Ibrahim has personally stepped into Selangor by becoming the state's economic adviser. We certainly hope this is not a title in name only and that Anwar would grab the bull by the horns and grapple with the many problems Selangor is facing. And we all know that Selangor is facing many problems, so no need to go into details.

Maybe it needed for Perak to fall before they would take our warnings more seriously. When we told them about Perak they pooh-poohed it and assured us that everything is under control. But it was not, and just two weeks later what we had hoped would not happen did happen.

Of course, now everyone says: fantastic, you were right about Perak. What they do not understand is that we do not wish to be right. We wish to be wrong. We wish Perak were still under Pakatan Rakyat. And we certainly do not wish to be right about Selangor and Kedah as well. We wish that Pakatan Rakyat would do whatever it takes to secure these two states and not allow them to go the way of Perak.

So there you are. When Malaysia Today makes a revelation you really do not know what is our motive behind it. If we were one of the mainstream newspapers then our motive would be merely to report the news. But we are not in the business of reporting the news. We are in the business of bringing change to Malaysia. And we do what needs to be done to achieve this.

And change can only come about when those who walk in the corridors of power are constantly under threat. They are under threat of their wrongdoings being exposed. They are under threat of losing power and of a new government taking over this country. And they can only fear losing power when there is a strong alternative to the ruling party. So it is our duty to ensure that there emerges a strong alternative to Barisan Nasional. That is our job.

So that, in a nutshell, is what Malaysia Today is all about. And those who walk in the corridors of power who may have any misgivings about this are destined for doom. As what Sun Tzu said: know your enemy. And it appears those who walk in the corridors of power do not know Malaysia Today. And that is the first step to their defeat.

This is war, and all is fair in love and war, the old saying goes. You hit wherever you can find a weak spot. And you hit where it hurts them most. Are there rules in the game of war? Over thousands of years wars have been fought and when were rules ever followed?

BTN, the government agency in charge of brainwashing, spins lies. The government-controlled mainstream media spins lies. The truth is distorted every step of the way. Threats are bandied about. The fear of another 'May 13' is constantly planted into the minds of Malaysians.

I am not saying that since 'they' lie then there is nothing wrong if we also lie. What I am saying is who are 'they' to moralise when their lives are all about lies? 1Malaysia is a spin. The NEP is a spin? Ketuanan Melayu is a spin. Let's look at the statistics of the Malay share of the economic pie and analyse whether the Malays are really as downtrodden as they say, or is this yet another spin?

Oh, then again, there are lies, damned lies, and there are statistics. So maybe we should not do that after all.

I always joke to my friends by saying that Malaysia Today does not lie. We just present our version of the truth. And is not what would be considered the truth to one, a lie to another? Muslims say that Jesus never died on the cross and that this is a lie. The Jews say that Jesus was not a Christian but a Jew who had deviated from true Judaism. The Christians say that Jesus was the last Prophet, not Muhammad, and that Muhammad was a fake, inspired not by God but by the devil.

Yes, truth and lies. Is it not subjective? You will know only after you die which is truth and which are lies. And so far none who have died have come back from their graves to reveal the truth.

So we take our chances. We hope that we are actually followers of truth and not of lies. And to pacify our tormented minds we call it faith because the truth will only be known after our soul leaves our body and when it is too late to correct our wrong choice of 'belief'.

So be it. Let our faith decide our path. And if you have no faith in the cause then move on. You are not compelled to read Malaysia Today. You read Malaysia Today by choice. So make your choice. If you have no faith in Malaysia Today, then go. No one is forcing you to stay. But those who lie have no business moralising about others.

Let he who has not sinned cast the first stone. And I can see no one bending down to pick up any stones.

courtesy of malaysia-today.net


No comments: